Sunday, September 1, 2013

Shabas (and our last day) in Givat Haviva

Yesterday? Two days ago? Time is very confusing especially when half of me is still in the United States. Anyways, since my last post we had this wonderful company called Our Nature הטבע שלנו come spend the afternoon leading us through some very creative and entertaining team building games and challenges. Some of them are too crazy/complicated to explain here, but examples where human minesweeper, a blind maze competition, etc that all taught us different lessons about how we do work together and how maybe we should work together. I reaffirmed for myself that I am a much more effective leader in small groups and learned that I really enjoyed activities more when I had more responsibility and with that knowledge I think will be encouraged to step into a suitable leadership role in the future.

Wow, I thought camp was over. My mistake, camp is never over haha. After the team building games we broke into groups to make our own outdoor dinner (not a small undertaking for 70ish hungry twentysomethings since we finally had the Israeli peers join us for a short time). Almost identically to camp, we made indian potatos (hollowed out potatos with broiled eggs an spices inside), pita pizza, homemade cheese, israeli salad, delicious tchina sauce, smores, and chocolate stuffed bananas! What a feast! It definitely made me miss all the friends at camp I made these with only 2 weeks ago. Can you believe its only been two weeks?? 

We were finally given a bit more information about what our normal weekly schedules will look like and with whom/where we will be living. We're going to be pretty busy in schools every other morning followed by volunteering in either Akko עכו or a Druze village until dinner time with Ulpan squeezed between non-school mornings. Sunday's are a part of the working week in Israel, but we will be doing a variety of different things each Sunday including field trips and training days with the Israel Teaching Fellows (ITFers) from Rehovot.

Shabat was a much needed resting day. We had some chill activities and I actually went to services since I probably won't go for the next 10  months, but most importantly I rested. And when I rest, I rest hard. It was so much fun banging on the tables again for birkat with the other girls who had been to jew camp.

Sorry for the late posting! They're keeping us so busy we don't have much time to ourselves much less for blogging :) also I don't fully understand the whole blogging thing yet soooo bear with me. Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment